Thursday, May 1, 2014

#ThisDiva is Obsessed!


Happy May Day! For those of you who don't know, May Day is Lei Day in Hawai'i. It's a day of festivities, music and flowers...lots and lots of beautiful flowers strung in single and double strand leis. I admit that I didn't celebrate in your typical Hawai'i fashion, but I did manage to continue a new hobby - or should I say "obsession"!


I said hiking would become a standard in my new life here in Hawai'i, but this makes hike #3 in a week since Makapu'u - and #ThisDivaIsLovingIt! 


Keeping true to "living" life in Hawai'i, I made sure to wrap things up at the office by 5pm and hit the trails. Today's adventure took us to Keaiwa Heiau State Park for the 4.8 mile hike on the Aiea Loop Trail. There's no excuse when it's within 6 miles from my office and less than 3 miles from home - buns of steel, here I come!


There may not be vast ocean views on this trail, but there's no shortage of gorgeous scenes of lush greenery on-top of this mountain. It's so captivating you'll have to force yourself to watch your step on the bumpy and sometimes narrow pathway...you might want to bring a friend along just in case!


How in the world do I live here?! Paradise in the middle of the Pacific and a new adventure around every corner. Today officially makes four months that I've called Hawai'i home and I've been falling in love more and more each day. I'm looking forward to discovering what else is tucked away on this island...and sharing it along the way!

A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment