Sunday, April 27, 2014

#ThisDiva Takes a Hike!


It's 6:00am on a Sunday morning and there's a handful of eager hikers on the Makapu'u Point Lighthouse Trail. Some are here to get in their daily workout and the rest just to take in the view...as for me...it's a combination of both. After nearly four months on the island, I've gained more weight than I dare admit in writing...between the poke bowls, poi donuts, manapuas and malasadas...#ThisDivaIsEatingHerWayThroughParadise! But I digress.


It's one of the easier trails on the island - so I've been told since this is my first hike EVER! It's a quick 15-20 minutes to the end of the trail on a wide paved road so amateur hikers welcomed! And even if the 100% uphill hike is a stretch, I promise you won't even notice when you're surrounded by the absolutely breathtaking views.

 
Today had a slight overcast and it even sprinkled a bit throughout our trek and yet it still managed to take my breath away.


Although I usually consider a 3-hour trek through a mall as the extent of my hiking, I'm convinced that these types of excursions will now become a staple in my weekend repertoire. Besides, why bother living in paradise unless you try to uncover every beautiful thing it has to offer!

A hui hou!


No comments:

Post a Comment