Tuesday, April 22, 2014

#ThisDiva + Bruno Mars = Best Birthday!


To be perfectly honest, I'm not one who frequents popular live concerts. I blame it on my years of Opera training and having to diligently stay clear of loud venues and events...but every so often (and more so now that I'm no longer marathon singing), I'm here...and loving it! 


And what woman wouldn't want to bring in her Birthday being serenaded by the sexy and talented Bruno Mars?! I mean, really?! And not just any concert, but an epic 3-day tour in the city where it all started - Hawai'i! Amazeballs! Yes, I said, "Amazeballs!"


The energy and excitement of the night warped me back in time to my first concert ever :: Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation Tour...my adolescence idol next to Cyndi Lauper and Madonna.  And Bruno's throwback covers of 80's and 90's R&B faves took me back to my love affair with Boyz 2 Men...that fourteen year old girl was never the same. 


But tonight was special and is another night to add to the list of nights to remember. I'm all about celebrating Birthdays with a bang and they just keep getting better! So here's to another great year hopefully to be filled with more adventures, laughs, good music and maybe even a few more sexy serenades!

A hui hou!


No comments:

Post a Comment