Sunday, March 30, 2014

#ThisDiva in NYC


So this last week has pretty much looked like this picture. After my cowgirl weekend in Kohala, I jumped on a plane to L.A. Unfortunately, I was there on a very gloomy Tuesday and never left the airport so there went that blog post and my first trip to L.A. After a 12-hour turnaround, I was back in the air heading to NYC. 

 
It's amazing how after 3 months of having a complete lifestyle change in Hawai'i being back in the city felt like I had been gone for only a few days. Despite how much constantly changes in this crazy town, it always feels so familiar...and a bit like coming home. I guess #ThisDivaWillAlwaysHaveAPieceOfNYCInHerHeart


I didn't miss the weather, but I do miss the energy, the friends and the shopping!...did I mention that practically no stores ship to Hawai'i?! I visited some of my favorite restaurants like Balthazaar in SoHo, did some damage at Ikea in Brooklyn and had a list of item requests I had to pick up from Trader Joe's...yeah...we don't have that either.


But mostly, I was just able to stroll the streets of NYC and enjoy the people, the architecture, the hustle and bustle of it all and remember how exciting and colorful life here can be. It's still hard to believe that my life is now tucked away on a small island in the middle of the Pacific, but after a week of marathon traveling and 10-hour flights I can come back to this...


...then I realize all is right in the world and I'm happy to be home! 

A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment