Tuesday, March 4, 2014

#ThisDiva in Hilo!


So the pictures in this post aren't of Hilo, but of the islands Moloka'i and O'ahu taken as I was coming back from The Big Island of Hawai'i. I took a short day trip out there to get my driver's license of all things. Living in NYC for nearly 4 years, I was able to let my license expire beyond the point of acceptable and had to revisit my teen years by going through this process. In Honolulu, it takes around 3-4 months to get a scheduled driving test - so when I discovered that I could take the test on another island I decided...let's go to Hilo! 


Hilo is a small town on The Big Island which is actually where my family "Kalaukoa" is originally from. Beaches are gorgeous, people are so "Aloha" here and local "grindz" aka food - will "broke you in da mouth"..,which is local for "it tastes really REALLY good"! 


Surprisingly, I didn't find time to shop (very surprising), but I will leave that for another day and another trip - but it was a wonderful day away from the hustle and bustle of O'ahu and to see the heart of Hawaiiana in a little place called Hilo.

A hui hou!


No comments:

Post a Comment