Sunday, June 8, 2014

#ThisDiva Becomes a Beach Bum!


So now we're five months into my new life adventure here in Hawai'i and I've learned "When in Rome"..! It's pretty obvious why so many people have started relocating to Hawai'i in droves...it's because Hawai'i offers you an amazing quality of life - if for you that includes doing outdoor activities year round. 


As for me, I was never ever the outdoorsy type and that was definitely not my reason for making the move. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a rooftop brunch and park picnic as much as the next, but to be perfectly honest, I am someone who definitely doesn't need to tan and so I've always tried to avoid being out in the sun too much!


But like I said, "When in Rome!" I've already taken up hiking which was a huge shock to me given it combines the outdoors AND exercise - but I love getting to explore parts of the island that are hidden down wooded paths or on top of a rocky mountain trail.


But I'm now adding Beach Bum to my roster! What started as an after work sunset stroll and occassional weekend excursion, has now become a Saturday ritual...exploring one beach at a time!


This weekend we came across a slighly hidden and beautifully relaxed beach in North Shore...and it's one of many on my list of beaches to explore. From Waimanalo to Makaha, there's a lot of coastline to cover on this tiny island and I look forward to basking in the sun...with the appropriate sunscreen of course!

A hui hou!


No comments:

Post a Comment